Friday, May 15, 2015

Thrown Into Life (A Music Video)

These last two weeks I have been working on a music video that was supposed to mimic the stylistic choices of an already made music video. When I heard the prompt I was instantly thinking, what is my favorite music, and of course Hip-Hop was the one to come to mind. So the idea was to make a "tribute" to Hip-Hop throughout the years. So songs like "The Humpty Dance," "Walk This Way," and "Stan." Realizing an idea like this would not simply work, because I was working by myself, so I came up with the idea to mimic an Eminem song called "No Love." As I'm doing this and cleaning up the words and messages I realized, I could just write my own song. While I did that I came up with an idea to make the video about my friends not supporting my rapping and them ripping up pages in my notebook. So I filmed a lot of things within the last week, however all my footage was lost. So the last day before the project was due, I was listening to music thinking of something I can do and the song "Mockingbird" came on and I remembered the music video for that, and mimicked that.

As to what I have learned is always have a back up plan for your back up plan. It's as simple as that. What I really enjoyed about this was making the music and working with a friend and her to record the chorus part of the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment